As one of our specialties, Darrow technicians are certified to install and initiate ABB and Danfoss variable frequency drives (VFDs). Our qualifications and knowledge allow us to diligently choose VFDs and execute necessary repairs in addition to installation and set-up.
What Is A Variable Frequency Drive?
Large commercial motors often use excessive electricity and power to start up. VFDs allow the user to optimize controls, changing ramp speeds or initializing a soft start to prevent blowing out circuitry.
The ability to adjust motor speeds is beneficial for a variety of reasons, including:
- Matching speeds for process requirements.
- Reducing noise levels of equipment: fans and pumps, for example.
- Improving system efficiency and saving energy.
- Eliminating the need for mechanical drive components; thus, saving maintenance costs.
- Reducing stress on machinery, and extending their lifetime.
Accurately sizing and adjusting VFDs can be a complicated task. Leaving such choices to the experts at Darrow will ensure that the job gets done right.
Have a question or need to get an estimate for an HVAC or Mechanical Contractor project in the Los Angeles area?
Call us today or request a call back to discuss your industrial or residential project with one of our experts technicians.